As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with Slate, you’ll be joining a world-class group of engineers, geologists, and earthquake scientists with one primary guiding principle: Do Good Work.
Our Senior Geotechnical Engineers get their hands deep into solving geotechnical-based engineering problems supporting new and existing buildings, dams, and other critical facilities and structures. A qualified Senior Geotechnical Engineer candidate will be experienced with foundation design support (both shallow and deep foundation elements), lateral earth pressure calculations, groundwater seepage evaluations, consolidation settlement calculations, slope stability evaluations, and liquefaction triggering and hazard evaluations. Experience developing code-based seismic parameters and performing PSHA and DSHA and performing site response analysis a plus.
At the Senior level, the successful candidate will be expected to manage the execution of small to medium-sized projects or tasks, including: developing and coordinating field programs (subsurface investigations, construction observation of earthwork and foundation components, visual inspections, and instrument readings), overseeing the preparation of detailed engineering calculation packages, being responsible for preparing reports under limited supervision of senior team leaders, creating and managing budgets and deliverable schedules, participating in or leading client meetings/discussions, and staff management.
We are looking for an engaging senior engineer that will be a fit to both lead projects and mentor junior staff. This engineer will be self-motivated and will strive to build their own practice over time with the support of our existing team. Slate is an employee-owned company that strives offer an environment that fosters the growth of each team member.
- 10+ Years experience in geotechnical engineering consulting or similar industry
- M.S. in Civil Engineering (with geotechnical focus)
- P.E. required, California G.E. preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- MS Excel - Advanced user (VBA knowledge a plus)
- Exposure to computer modeling languages (e.g., MATLAB, R, Python)
- Advanced knowledge of computer modeling software for geotechnical applications (e.g., SLOPE/W, SEEP/W, A-PILE, L-PILE, QUAD4M, FLAC2D/3D, PLAXIS, or similar)
- Ability to expertly communicate engineering concepts both verbally and written
- Ability to work on multiple assignments under rigid schedule and budget constraints
- Ability to work in a collaborative setting with engaging co-workers and clients
Let us know if you're interested.