We offer the latest techniques in geotechnical engineering, dam and levee safety, seismic hazard, and geohazard assessment. Our geotechnical practice includes a full range of services from site investigation and characterization to performance-based foundation evaluations. We strive to be innovative and implement cutting edge techniques in all of our practice areas. Slate is primarily located in the San Francisco Bay Area with an office in Oakland and in South Lake Tahoe, California.
We began our company to have the greatest flexibility to collaborate and communicate with our clients. This allows us to tailor our services to the individual needs of each project.
We actively participate in research and development of new techniques in the earthquake engineering field. This participation has included the publication of numerous journal articles, attendance at major conferences, development of models for use in the National Seismic Hazard Maps and US Building Codes, and leadership in conference and workshop development.
- Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) through the Federal Small Business Administration
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE) through the California Department of General Service
- Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) through the California Public Utilities Commission
- Small, Local and Emerging Business (SLEB) through Alameda County
- Local Small Business (LSB) and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) through BART
Learn who we are and what we can do for you.